Monday, February 27, 2012

Mix of the Month: Pre-Spring Fling!

In honor of Valentine's Day, February's Mix of the Month is a bright red, sweet cocktail that will send your head spinning! Make one for yourself or for a loved one, and it won't be long until you're coming back for more. Not in the lovey dovey mood? No problem! This cocktail is as versatile as it is easy to make. As February comes to a close and Spring starts blooming, I know you're itching to bring out those short sleeves and flip flops. You'll find hints of warm weather days in every sip of this mix, so kick your winter blues and get ready to ring in Spring with this super sweet, super sexy, red hot drink!

The Pre-Spring Fling
 
1 part light rum
1 part pineapple juice
1/2 part orange juice
1/4 part grenadine

Mix all ingredients above in a shaker with ice. Shake until frost begins to form, and strain mixture into a glass. Enjoy!

*Note: If desired, you may add sugar to the outer rim of the glass (whichever type of glass you prefer - I would suggest using a martini glass, but as my husband and I are in the process of moving, the wine glass was all I had!). The drink is already sweet in itself, but the sugar serves well for presentation purposes!

Thanks for coming back for another round of monthly mixes! Join me on Thursday, where I'll tell you all about my Goddaughter Lorelai's fabulous 1st birthday party. I'll also give you great tips on how to host a super fun birthday party for your little ones - so don't miss it!

 Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...