Thursday, January 19, 2017

Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches

I use my slow cooker A LOT. You might have noticed.

Honestly, there are just some days when I need an easy, little-to-no prep option for dinner. I know I can't be the only one. There's just something so nice about having a tool that does so much work FOR you.

Side note on that, I can't WAIT to try out the Instant Pot I got for Christmas.

Anyway, this is another meal that my daughter helps me prepare. I brown the beef, but I let her measure and add all of the "flavor" components to the dish; this means that she gets to stir, which is basically her favorite thing to do in the kitchen (at least so far).

As usual, the original recipe comes from Cooking Light, though I've made some adjustments of my own. A link to the original is included below.

Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Original Recipe by Deb Wise, Cooking Light Dec 2013 (see it here)

1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tbs onion powder
1 tbs garlic powder
2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers (jarred)
2 lbs chuck roast
Ciabatta rolls (or your favorite sandwich rolls)

Place first 7 ingredients in slow cooker, stirring to combine.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Cook beef in skillet for 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Add beef to slow cooker.

Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours. Shred beef with two forks and stir well. Serve on ciabatta rolls.

Until next time...

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...