Thursday, April 19, 2012

Weeknight Bites: Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

This week has been nothing short of hectic, so I've been utilizing my favorite quick and easy recipes as much as possible! In fact, I've been so busy this week that I didn't even have time to take a picture of today's recipe...a shame, really, because this particular meal is one of my favorites. Why? It's one of the easiest dinners you'll EVER make (seriously - just wait until you see the recipe), it requires my favorite cooking method (the slow cooker!) and the reward is enormous for the little amount of effort you'll put into getting everything set up. Honestly, the hardest thing you'll have to do for this meal is to figure out a time when everyone can sit down together and eat it!

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
1 cup water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package italian seasoning mix for Italian dressing*

Place/pour all ingredients into a slow cooker and set to low. Cook 8-10 hours and serve.

This very well may be the shortest and simplest recipe that I ever have or will give you - but hey, it's delicious, and you can pair it with pretty much any side you could ever dream up. This week, I kept it super simple by making this chicken along with two veggies (spinach and corn) that only took a few minutes to prepare. I'm a huge fan of Birds Eye Steam Fresh frozen veggies, and I make sure to stock up on some whenever my grocery store has them on sale. This dish is very versatile as fair as pairing goes. I've made it with mashed potatoes, green beans, black-eyed peas, pasta...the list goes on. Heck, you could even grab some toasted sourdough and make a great sandwich with it...just add some spicy argula and some roasted red peppers and you're good to go! I think I'll try that next...

*Italian seasoning can be replaced with dry Ranch dressing mix for a Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken that's ALSO super yummy. I've made both and love them!

Now, I'm going to kick off my shoes and watch some TV for awhile. It's been a long week, and I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. Stay tuned for more recipes, coming up soon!

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...