Friday, May 4, 2012

Mix of the Month: The Spicy Jalapeno Margarita

It's the 4th of May, which means that tomorrow we'll all be donning our sombreros and hitting our favorite Mexican cantinas for some great food and even better margaritas. This month's cocktail was a no-brainer for me...to an extent. I knew I wanted to feature a great margarita, but I had to decide which one. With so many different ways to make this widely popular drink (and most of them excellent), how's a girl to choose? In the end, it wasn't all that difficult. I decided to go with my instincts and give you a cocktail that will give your taste buds a real kick in the mouth - in the best way possible, of course.

For this recipe, you'll need to do some prep work; if you want to make these margaritas tomorrow, you'll want to run out to the grocery store tonight and pick up your ingredients. Don't worry - the steps are easy and the reward is great. I promise.

The Spicy Jalapeno Margarita
2 oz Jalapeno Tequila*
6 oz Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix (or your favorite pre-mixed brand)
Ice
Margarita salt or Kosher salt**
*see recipe below
**optional

Place all ingredients into a shaker and shake vigorously until frost forms on the outside. Strain into a salted glass with ice.


Jalapeno Tequila
2 cups silver Tequila
3 fresh jalapenos, sliced*

Fill up an airtight container with the tequila and add the jalapeno slices. Store in a warm, dry place (like your pantry!) overnight. 

 Before serving, strain the jalapenos out of the tequila and discard.

*Note: I love my jalapeno margaritas SPICY, so I left the seeds on my peppers. If you'd like a milder version, seed the jalapenos before adding them to the tequila.

If you don't like spice at all, try my Georgia Peach Margarita - a sweet and fresh take on the drink you'll be craving all day tomorrow!

Cheers!




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...