Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Special: Buffalo Chicken Sliders

September is here, and I couldn't be happier. I've been chomping at the bit in anticipation of Fall and all of the wonderful things that come with it - if you couldn't tell from my last post. I'm even more excited about it because I've declared this month "Slow Cooker" month, meaning that everything I'm cooking is coming from my best friend, the Crockpot. To me, this means that the meals I cook this month won't just be easy; they'll be affordable, too. And, like most everything that comes out of the slow cooker, they will be absolutely delicious.

You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance. Seriously.

Tonight's recipe is not only a great dinner dish for you and your family - it also doubles as a perfect party plate for football season. Plus, it's versatile! Keep it simple with ranch or bleu cheese dressing or dress it up with tomatoes and lettuce if you'd like. Either way, this chicken comes out so tender and delicious that whoever is eating it will most definitely be back for seconds.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 bottle buffalo sauce
2 tbs butter
Slider buns
Ranch/bleu cheese dressing, lettuce, tomato*

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and sprinkle ranch dressing mix on top. Add 3/4 bottle buffalo sauce and cook on low for 7 hours. After 7 hours, add butter and shred chicken. Allow to cook for 10 more minutes and serve on slider buns. *Dress with optional toppings.

This recipe will serve six, so if you're planning on having more you'll want to increase the ratios as necessary. Keep in mind that these can be quite spicy, considering the fact that the chicken is cooking in the sauce all day - you may want to cook the chicken in a "milder" buffalo sauce and keep a spicier version on hand for those who like a "kick."

Until next time...

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...