Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mix of the Month: The Caramel Apple Martini

At this time two years ago, my now husband (then fiance) and I were wrapping up our last minute wedding plans, trying to prepare everything and everyone as much as possible for the big day, and packing up our suitcases for our honeymoon. One of the things that we did in those final days was finalize our menu, which included picking out our signature cocktail.

Now, don't get me wrong, the wedding coordinator at our venue had plenty of suggestions, but I didn't want to just pick a drink off of a list and go with it. I knew what I wanted: a drink that would fit in with the season, one that would appeal to the majority of the people at the reception and one that would also fit into my wedding colors (red, orange and purple). So, my husband and I did what any normal couple would do - we invited a couple of our close friends over and hosted a signature cocktail taste test. I came up with 3 recipes that I liked and we sat down, mixed them up, and gave them a try. The Caramel Apple Martini was the winner by a long shot, and I think you'll easily see why. In honor of my anniversary, I'm making it October's Mix of the Month. Enjoy!

2 oz vanilla vodka (or "whipped" vodka)
2 oz sour apple schnapps
1 oz buttershot liqeur
Healthy splash cranberry juice

 Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice and shake until frost begins to form on the outside.Pour into martini glasses.

I'm also including a couple wedding photos, in case you're interested. I'm feeling a little nostalgic ;)

Until next time...

Cheers!










No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...