Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Slow Cooker Special: Broccoli Cheese Chicken

Alright, I'll admit it. I've been seriously slacking on the blog here lately. Truth be told, I've been otherwise engaged in another project of mine, a young adult fiction novel that I've been writing for the past year or so (want a sneak peak? you can check out a couple pages here). The end is finally in view, and I'm under a self-imposed deadline of November 3rd to finish the first draft...so I've pretty much been dedicating as much of my free time as possible to meeting that goal and getting it done! In the meantime, though, that unfortunately means that I haven't had as much time to spend here with you. I'm sorry for that, and I hope you'll understand and forgive me.

Today's recipe is one I threw together with pantry ingredients that I had lying around. With my nose constantly in my keyboard trying to wrap up all of loose ends for my novel, I've even slacked on my weekly menu-making and Sunday grocery store trip. But, a girl (and her husband)'s got to eat, so I did my best with what I had on hand. It worked out really well, and that's why I'm sharing it with you. Got a lot on your plate like I do (pun somewhat intended...;))? You'll love this recipe. It's another one of those super easy slow cooker meals that we ALL need in our recipe boxes. I served it with whole white potatoes and green beans, but you can use whatever side you want. Or, add some rice to the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking to make the main dish itself more filling and substantial. Have fun with it!

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can broccoli cheese soup
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can milk (use one of the empty soup cans to measure)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well-blended. Pour over chicken breasts. Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 hours more.

This recipe will serve 4. I hope you enjoy :)

Until next time...

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...