Friday, August 17, 2012

Weeknight Bites: Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken

I'll admit it: I'm addicted to my slow cooker. 100% addicted. I don't even think a 12-step program could help me get over it, and to be honest with you? I don't want to! Crockpot cooking has become one of my absolute favorite ways to make weeknight meals. I don't think I have to tell you why. It's amazing!

For awhile, I really only knew one or two recipes to make in the slow cooker. I wasn't allowing it to live up to its full potential (because you can only eat pot roast or pulled pork over and over again before it's just not "Man, this is soooo good," status anymore - our tastebuds need some variety!). Anyway, the point is, I've basically made it my mission to find as many awesome crockpot recipes as my recipe box can handle. I've already shared a couple with you, and I'll share more as I discover them so you can enjoy them, too. After all, that's what I'm here for!

Today's recipe is for a dish so flavorful you'll be surprised at the minimal number of ingredients it requires. Give it a try! You'll want to use at least a 5 qt crockpot if you make it as written.

Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken

6 bonless, skinless chicken breasts
 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans corn, drained
1 15 oz jar chunky salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese*

Add black beans, corn and 1/2 cup of salsa to crockpot, stirring to mix. Place chicken breasts on top of bean and corn mixture. Pour remaining salsa on top of chicken and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Add cheese and cook for 5 minutes, or until melted. Enjoy!

*I used cheddar in the above photo, but you can also use monterey jack or "taco blend" cheese for this dish.

So there you have it! Another fabulous slow cooker meal for your repertoire. If you don't already have a crockpot, you're missing out - go get one already!

Until next time...

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...