Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Grapefruit, Avocado and Prosciutto Salad

Prosciutto is one of my all-time favorite foods. I love it in salads, on sandwiches, wrapped up with some melon (if you haven't tried that combo, do it - do it now), as part of a cheese plate or simply on its own. My husband loves it, too. It's not exactly cheap, so we don't buy all the time. We do, however, splurge every now and then.

Recently, my store had prosciutto on sale, so I eagerly grabbed some. I used it in several different recipes, including the one I'm giving you today. This salad will definitely go into my lunch rotation - it's SO yummy. It takes hardly any time at all to throw together, which is perfect when I'm juggling feeding, naps, snacks and playtime with my little ones!

Grapefruit, Avocado and Prosciutto Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2016

1 small grapefruit
1 tsp dark sesame oil
Dash of black pepper
Dash of kosher salt
1 cup baby arugula
1/2 peeled and sliced avocado
1 slice prosciutto
 
Peel grapefruit and cut sections over a medium bowl. Gently squeeze membranes to yield about 1/2 tbs juice. Set sections aside and add oil, pepper and salt to the juice. Stir gently with whisk until mixed.
 
Add greens to the juice mixture and toss to coat. Add to plate and top with grapefruit sections, avocado and prosciutto.
 
Until next time...
 
Cheers!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...